As a Cable TV/Broadband Line Technician (Field Technician), you will be primarily focused on installations and line maintenance of our cable broadband services. You’ll drive a company van, go to customer homes, and represent PogoZone every day to our customers. You’ll perform a variety of duties including installation, changes of service, additional outlet installation, disconnection of service, system amp maintenance and balancing, and system noise mitigation.
- Creates customer drop installations (exterior and interior) complete from tap to terminals on customer equipment in customer premise locations; installs modems and IP TV services at customer premise locations.
- Performs new connects, reconnects, and disconnects; installs and/or removes converters and additional outlets and performs upgrades and downgrades of service.
- Analyzes signal quality and ensures acceptability of service delivered following installation.
- Works with connectors, fasteners and wire and uses hand tools.
- Uses customary CATV hand and power tools in performance of job duties.
- Reads signal levels through use of meters; adds and subtracts levels in installation problems; installs connectors on different types of drop cable; maintains proper clearances; installs tap-off devices.
- Maintains proper amp balance of the cable systems to ensure optimal system performance throughout the various seasons.
- Climb poles with proper equipment (safety belt, safety strap and climbers), ladders or other structures as needed. Lifts and carries loads up to 75lbs (including line ladder); Works within limited confines, such as crawl spaces.
- Able to properly use a DMM or like to device to check for “open” or “short” on line as well as AC and DC voltages.
- Reads general drop system layouts from blueprints and completes proper system and customer paperwork.
- Informs customers of Federal, State and Company policies as they pertain to them.
- Drives Company vehicles, including bucket trucks while performing job duties; Ensures proper vehicle upkeep and maintenance.
- Generates additional revenue by offering additional product options to customers.
- Performs other duties such as clean-up and salvage of wrecked out materials; provides general assistance to other employees as directed.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A desire to help people.
- Ability to work in high or tight spaces.
- Knowledge of Windows based computing.
- Knowledge of VoIP systems.
- Knowledge of Email protocols and various Email Clients.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills.
- Solid understanding of general IT concepts.
- Valid driver’s license: satisfactory driving record required.
- High School Diploma or GED Required; 2-year technical degree, trade school, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Frequent lifting and physical handling of heavy objects (approx. 50-100 lbs.) and materials, or heavy hand tools.
- Reports to the Operations Manager.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Paid Holidays