This technical position provides key support for our customers and our in-field technicians. You will be supporting a variety of networks, telephone installations, IaaS and SaaS services, and providing a positive customer support experience.
- Internet, VoIP, Email, and TV Service desk support through email and phone.
- Routing and provisioning of routers, switches, and customer premise equipment.
- Occasional Onsite client support.
- Updating documentation in Network and Customer Databases.
- Creating Service Calls for field required troubleshooting.
- On-call and after hrs rotation schedule
To succeed in this position, you will:
- Have excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- Have a strong desire to help people.
- Have an ability to listen and understand customer requests.
- Be punctual, reliable, posses good time-management skills, and be detail-oriented.
- Appreciate variety in your day-to-day routine and work kindly and effectively under pressure.
Technically, you should have abilities and skills in several of the following areas:
- Working knowledge of network layer 2 protocols, and preferably layer 3 protocols (OSPF, BGP).
- A solid understanding of typical LAN / WAN typologies.
- Knowledge of DNS and internet name resolution.
- Preferably a working knowledge of Linux and system command line configuration.
- Working knowledge of IPv4 Addressing schemes and subnetting.
- Either a 2 year technical degree or related experience in the field.