Responsible for the monitoring, maintenance, and expansion of LAN & WAN systems and network segments across the ISP network. Works with operations and customers to evaluate network needs and ensure adequate support of business-critical systems and services and customer network access.
- Designs, deploys, and supports LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems, along with debugging slowness issues and identifying network bottlenecks.
- Helps establish network specifications by conferring with the management: analyzing traffic flow, access, information, and security requirements.
- Upgrades and expands the network by configuring and deploying infrastructure to achieve bandwidth requirements.
- Maintains network performance through network monitoring and performance tuning.
- Troubleshoots network issues as they occur and escalates to vendors as necessary.
- Ensures network security through administration of network access control systems, monitoring routers and servers, evaluating logs, and updating access lists and firewalls.
- Responsible for router and switch administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols, maintaining VPN gateways, and monitoring systems.
- Performs network address assignment and keeps IP records and DNS entries current.
- Utilizes Visio to keep network topology maps and rack diagrams current.
- Assists the Helpdesk with individual user internet connectivity issues, email and hosting questions and configuration, and VoIP settings.
- Supports Customer Service with the resolving Helpdesk Tickets.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Director of Operations and Ownership.
- Completion of a college degree, or vocational training in IT.
- Ability to speak and write fluent English, additional languages a plus.
- While the position is not listed as an engineer level, some working knowledge of L2 networking, and experience with L3 routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP is required. Experience using those protocols in an ISP environment along with experience with MPLS, multicast, BIND and VoIP is preferred.
- Position requires Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to break-down and explain complex concepts and systems in simple terms.
- Requires solid understanding of IT systems, networking concepts and security systems.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Experience with MikroTik routers, White Box networking (Cumulus Linux), and pfSense.
- Experience with automation utilizing Python, Ansible and related technologies.
- Linux administration and routing knowledge, along with cPanel Administration.
- Functional VMWare and vSphere administration.
- Working knowledge of VoIP protocols and debugging call paths.
- Administration experience with wireless technologies, preferably Cambium and Ubiquiti.
- Ability to work independently with local and remote team members.
- Knowledge of Windows Domain concepts and Group Policy Administration also preferred.
- Willing to update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities: reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and professional organizations.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Paid Holidays